Re: [orca-list] Orca and braille display not communicating

Hrvoje Katić <hrvojekatic gmail com> wrote:
I've seen this problem while googleing, but I didn't find any right
solution. Currently using Mini Seika braille display/notetaker connected via
USB, and although it communicates normlly with brltty via console, in GUI it
just shows Screen not in text mode message. I've tried restarting orca and
toggling braille support on and off, but no feedback from braille display.

Add yourself to the brlapi group so you can read /etc/brlapi.key, then log
back in and it should work when you next run Orca.

I just did this last week.