Re: [orca-list] What login manager?

GDM pulls in a good portion of GNOME along with it, including
gnome-shell, so it isn't really a good fit for use with lightweight
desktop environments such as MATE. Hopefully something will come along
that will talk and not depend on a specific desktop environment. For
now, Lightdm looks to be the most promising, but the gtk3 greeter is
still having trouble, as although configurations for speech-dispatcher
can be added in to make Orca speak, for some reason, we can't make Orca
start once MATE starts if Lightdm already starts it. We hope to be able
to find out what is causing this, so that we can use it in Sonar in the
future.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--