Re: [orca-list] a question about pidgin's buddy type notification

Hi Luis.

I guess this behavior is caused by Orca, which does not refresh
the buddy list when someone disconnects.

Orca doesn't store it at all. So there is nothing for Orca to refresh.
When you arrow, Orca gets an event. Orca presents the event getting
the current location and other details via AT-SPI2. So this is likely
either an AT-SPI2 bug or a bug in the application (if it's a custom
widget) or the toolkit (if it is not a custom widget).

As Kendell stated in his response, I'm currently focusing on
re-writing Orca's support for Gecko. After that I can look into this
issue and file the appropriate bugs once I determine whose bugs they
are and assuming they still exist. This sounds like a Gtk+ 3 issue I
found and filed a while back, though still somewhat recently, and
which was fixed by the Gtk+ accessibility developer.

--joanie