Re: [orca-list] intro and observations on Archlinux/Mate

hi
This sounds like what I get with thunderbird sometimes. Sometimes you
can alt tab away from, and back to it and orca will come back, but
mroe often than not you have to kill it and restart thunderbird. I'm
pretty sure this is a thunderbird issue, rather than an orca one. Your
system is plenty fast enough to run mate. I'd suggest maybe installing
a little more ram though, maybe up to 2 or 3 gb if you can. Mate
itself doesn't use much, but if you start running memory intensive
apps,  firefox, libreoffice, things can slow down. Even on my system,
8 gb ram, quad core intel 3470 cpu at 3.2 ghz if I have a lot of big
apps open, libreoffice, thunderbird, firefox, the system can use as
much as 4gb actively, not just cached. I never have run out of memory
but things can get cramped if you have less than 2 gb.
My system still is as responsive as ever, so my processor load is
usually down. Thanks
Kendell clark