[orca-list] intro and observations on Archlinux/Mate

Howdy folks.
My name is Chris, and am new to this list or any other for that matter.

Old DOS junky, and have been fooling with arch cli for a year and a half now.
Great wikis.

Well, finally took the gui plunge, and settled on Mate. System is 3 ghz,SMP
with1 gig of RAM.

When running Thunderbird, the speech freezes, and have tried repeated
(orca-super-s) and alt-f2, but no joy. If I move to quickly, that seems to
cause it. Probably need more memory? Have 1.5 g swap.
Was amazed at the fast bootup time.I' starting out in console and then issuing
startx to bring up Mate.

Should I give up on this box and go for a more robust box? Thanks.

--
Chris
---