Re: [orca-list] intro and observations on Archlinux/Mate

Chris Watson <ai6u w6sfm com> wrote:

When running Thunderbird, the speech freezes, and have tried repeated
(orca-super-s) and alt-f2, but no joy. If I move to quickly, that seems to
cause it. Probably need more memory? Have 1.5 g swap.
Was amazed at the fast bootup time.I' starting out in console and then issuing
startx to bring up Mate.

Should I give up on this box and go for a more robust box? Thanks.

It's possible you are being affected by the kernel's out-of-memory killer, or
perhaps an important component of your environment is crashing. Have you
looked at your kernel logs? Run journalctl and check the most recent messages
for anything suspect.