Re: [orca-list] Experimental focus versus browse mode committed to master

Hello,
Thanks a million! These are really instant fixes.

On 09.08.2014 at 18:16 Joanmarie Diggs wrote:

key and orca will say "home link, focus mode" and really you are
switched to focus mode. I am afraid this is a place where it should not
change to focus mode automatically if that's possible to tweak.
Should be fixed.
I feel the same. It's fixed.
Can you please
understand this bit with auto focus mode on focus changes vs auto focus
mode for browse mode navigation please?
Is this the issue that we're still discussing about when to auto trigger
things? If so, that's still on the todo list. If not, then I'm afraid I
don't understand what you are asking me to do.
Yes it has to do with this when to trigger auto switch to focus mode. What I am trying to make you understand there are two situations. One when browser and app triggers the focus change and browse mode caret movement. I dont want you to urge doing something as soon as possible I would just like to know whether what I am thinking makes sense to you as well. Then once that's really verified with multiple users or a better proposal is found I think you can try to implement what you feel is great.
I am not sure something needs changing here but on windows NVDA
forces focus mode for thunderbird compose window.
Hopefully done. Orca now tries to force focus mode for the compose
window and doesn't let you switch to browse mode in that environment.
Please see if this matches the NVDA behavior.
I am happy with the change. With fix for the issue reported by Kyle it's all awesome as far as I can tell.
Unfortunatelly while browse mode is
active I seem to be unable to activate so called right click popup menu
by pressing the applications key. While switched to focus mode context
menu is reachable.
Should be fixed.
Fixed for me as well and again I am verry happy about the change. Other key shortcuts e.g. ctrl+enter, shift+F10 are also working great.

Greetings

Peter