Re: [orca-list] Experimental focus versus browse mode committed to master

Hello,
Okay, I'll describe it and I will also try to point other little things I have discovered so far.

Go to the http://live.gnome.org/Orca/ .
As that page finishes loading orca says "finished loading projects Orca - gnome wiki, home link". That's expected and is all fine. Now press tab key and orca will say "home link, focus mode" and really you are switched to focus mode. I am afraid this is a place where it should not change to focus mode automatically if that's possible to tweak.

Now still on this page press orca+a to go to the browse mode followed by a press of the letter e in order to jump to first available entry. You will get "text entry, focus mode", at this moment please type something to that entry. Now when you are done typing press orca+a to change to browse mode and use your arrow keys to navigate just before the text you have just typed then back to the text you have just typed. Navigation is working great nothing is interupting you and nothing happens you can notice. I expect it to act the same way when caret browses into an entry field that focus mode should be automatically turned on the same way it's currently done when pressing letter e to go to the next available entry. If this is doable. Then later on I would expect ability to turn this auto switching when using orca navigation features on or off from within the screen reader settings window. As I have said previously I am afraid it might not be possible to differentiate what has triggered the focus change so this kind of setting may not be possible at all. Can you please understand this bit with auto focus mode on focus changes vs auto focus mode for browse mode navigation please?

Furthermore I have discovered focus mode vs browse mode can also be switched for thunderbird compose window. Curently it is possible to type in while either of them is active. When switched to focus mode by pressing orca+a and continue typing pressing some of the navigation commands causes orca switch to browse mode however typing continues as normal. I am not sure something needs changing here but on windows NVDA forces focus mode for thunderbird compose window.

Another issue is a bit strange and I am not sure this is really an issue or this might be something with me or my system. It happens when reading messages in Thunderbird. Both focus mode and browse mode can be switched to the same way it can be done on webpages with Firefox. That's entirelly expected and awesome. Unfortunatelly while browse mode is active I seem to be unable to activate so called right click popup menu by pressing the applications key. While switched to focus mode context menu is reachable.

I apologise for such a delay while replying. I am going to see other messages and I'll continue giving feetback to the best of my abilities.

Thanks again for what you are doing. It's amazing

Greetings

Peter