[orca-list] WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO SEARCH IN GNOME SHELL WITH ORCA SPEAKING?

Hello,
I have been using gnome shell version 3.10 that came with Ubuntu-gnome 14.04. I am happy with the accessibility, although it seems that things like notification still need some work.
My main worry and frustration is however about searching files and folders.
In the good old 12.04 with Unity 2d, I could just type the first few letters of the file or folder I wish to search. Then it would go to that search list with all the files and folders which meet the search criteria. But in gnome 3.10, it just seems to fail. I some tiems get no output and some tiems Orca even hands when I try typing in the nautilus with gnome.
What am I doing wrong?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.