Re: [orca-list] No speech after logging out on ubuntu-gnome

Hi list,
I solved the problem. If anyone else is having this issue, do the following:
1. Open a terminal by pressing control alt T.
2. type sudo su and enter your password when requested.
3. Type cd /etc/gdm/PostSession.
4. type nano Default.
5. When the file opens, add the following line before exit 0.
killall speech-dispatcher
6. Save the file with control X Y enter.
7. Exit the root shell by typing exit.
When you logout, you should get speech on the login screen, just like you would on a full reboot.
I hope this helps others with the same problem.
Jeremy