[orca-list] Problem with orca-customizations.py on orca3.8.1

Hello all,

Today I wrote an orca-customizations.py file, with some functions that
I would like have on the screen reader. I added a function to read the
Clipboar content, know if there is an internet connection active, etc.
One of the commands, needs execute a shell. I have a function as
follows:

def sayDropboxStatus(script, inputEvent=None):
    orca.speech.speak(subprocess.check_output(["dropbox", "status"]))
    orca.braille.displayMessage(subprocess.check_output(["dropbox", "status"]))

then, I attached this function to the modifier Orca key+D, but when I
reload the instance of this application, and I press this combination,
I do not hear nothing. When I enable the learn mode, if I press this
combination Orca reads the help of this function.

Somebody knows why is this? Other functions that no depends on a
shell, only python, works fine. I am using Orca 3.8.1 on a Fedora 19
machine.

Some help is appreciated.
Greetings.