[orca-list] Fwd: Re: [Support] sonar profile

sent from my vinux4 linux laptop

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Support] sonar profile
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 19:13:20 -0700
From: Robert Cole <rkcole72984 gmail com>
To: support accessiblefreedom org

While I definitely understand the need for a specialized version of
Sonar/Manjaro for visually impaired and disabled users, I can see where
Peter is coming from.

Oftentimes when I work on computer systems, I am working with sighted
individuals. When their Windows system is completely wrecked, I
typically offer to put a Linux distribution on the system for them. If
the Manjaro team would be open to fixing the issues which prevented Orca
from functioning on the GNOME Spin, and would maybe implement other
things, then that truly would be ideal. That would make Manjaro a great
distribution to place on machines which once ran broken Windows systems.

You know, I was so much in search of a rolling release distribution that
I had given openSUSE a try also (because of its Tumbleweed repository).
It crashed due to the same exact video related issues which caused
Fedora problems. The live medium would work until I opened the
Activities Overview, but then my screen would fill with raster dots and
the system would lock up entirely.

Trust me, it is very, very refreshing to see this coming up and working
so well!