[orca-list] still no speech orca, ubuntu 12.04 PPC please help

I ran the spd diagnostics that I was told and I get sound via alsa and pulse. when I set spd to pulse like I was asked to nothing changed. if I may ask was I suppose to set spd as a user or system.

I will write below what the error says at the diagnostics screen

I am writing this all out by hand:

Do you want to create a new config, Y
Do you want to set up a user or system config, U
user config exists want to rewrite with new one Y
user config created in home directory, default espeak
two letter lang EN
default audio output Pulse
default speech rate 50
default pitch 25
Do you want to have speech dispatcher automatically start from !/.config/ default is no so I accepted it
Do you want to start/restart speech dispatcher to run tests Y
Can't start speech dispatcher exit with status 256 perhaps this is speech dispatcher is already running want to kill all running speech dispaters Y
speech dispatcher isn't running or we can't connect to it, do you want to proceed with other tests. Yes

So then I gave up there, but to recap, I hear sounds when running the sound testing for pulse and als, just get no speech when running the testing for espeak and festval. any help please.

Gabe Vega
CEO
Commtech LLC
Phone: (888) 351-5289 ext. 710