Re: [orca-list] trying to use Orca full-time, have some questions

HI Peter,
I am really impressed.
I haven't used windows for last 6 years myself.
Well I am very very keen on setting up arch on my thinkpad.
It is an old machine with 2 gb ram and core 2 processor.

I have another hp laptop with 6 gb ram and i5 processor.
But I am running Ubuntu 12.04 on it and pretty happy.
Now I wish to know if I setup Arch on my Thinkpad, what best gnome or gnome shell version do you recommend?
Should I go for 3.10 and what else I should setup?
I use Libre office 4.1 and I use pidgin as well.
Of course I am also interested to have some good accessibility for pdf files.
And yes, I do use Thunderbird for my emails.
Lastly, please don't asume that I am stuck with choosing gnome shell 3.8 or what ever. If there are other desktops which might work well with Orca on a 2 gb ram machine, I will be glad to test it. Can you please email me off list to give me instructions on getting talking arch and how I can setup the entire thing? Further more, I also wish to download what ever software repo offline so that I don't need internet all the time for getting softwares.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.