Re: [orca-list] Your opinion on radio button and check box presentation?

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 05:07:40PM EST, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

Given a checked/selected widget labeled foo, Orca says:

* Foo selected radio button
* Foo check box checked

I know it's minor, but inconsistency bugs me. And these feel like they
are inconsistent for no good reason. So... Is there a valid reason why
they are different, other than "it's always been that way"? Or does this
nit annoy you as well?

This does not annoy me, if anything, I am glad things are this way.

A radio button is part of a group of 2 or more other radio buttons. Stating that one particular radio button
is selected in my mind at least, takes away any possible implication of something else. The user clearly
knows which one single radio button out of the group is selected.

If a check box was stated as "selected", to me that implies that it is one of a multiple of options, and only
one can be chosen.

My logic may be flawed, but I'd personally prefer the status quoe here.

Luke