Re: [orca-list] continuing trouble with orca and firefox 25

Hey Rusty.

Continuing idiot questions: :-) How can I downgrade to ff24?

That will depend on your distro and its package manager. I'll share what
I had to do in Fedora. Others can hopefully chime in with the answers
for their distros. As for fedora, what should have worked is:

sudo yum downgrade firefox

This didn't work because my firefox package was still Firefox 24 (i.e.
as far as yum was concerned), but it updated itself to 25. So then I
uninstalled it and reinstalled it via:

sudo yum remove firefox
sudo yum install firefox

That installed the fedora package for firefox 25. Then I was able to
downgrade it via

sudo yum downgrade firefox xulrunner

And, I'll assume that there's a setting in options which will tell ff
not to upgrade right?

Edit menu -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Update page. There you'll find a
radio button group under "Firefox updates"

HTH.
--joanie