[orca-list] keyecho of special chars

I am running debian wheezy and whatever orca is in wheezy. I am having a problem with orca calling special characters different things at different times. For example, it sometimes calls the pound sign hash and sometimes number. It sometimes calls the apostrophe sign an apostrophe and sometimes a quote. When I type the at sign, it says "at sign" but when I cursor over it it just says "at". I would like it to always say what it says when I cursor over the characters. This is because it says quotes (plural) for double quotes and quote for the apostrophe and I find that confusing. Is there any way to fix this? the long name. For example, going from left to right, it says exclamation at sign hash