[orca-list] Orca raising a 'Settings manager load backend failed' exception on Ubuntu 13.04

Hi,

I've been running Ubuntu 12.04 since it was released and yesterday decided to upgrade to 13.04. I wanted to do a fresh install but my machine semed to hang when I booted the live DVD so I tried doing consecutive distribution upgrades (to 12.10 then to 13.04).

The first upgrade seemed to go okay but after doing the second upgrade and rebooting Orca failed to start.

I get the Gnome login music so Gnome itself seems to be working.

I can log into a text console and start Speakup.

I can run orca -t and get the exception that I mentioned in the subject line.

In /usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/orca/settings-manager.py line 106 in __init__
Raise exception: Settings manager load backend failed.

I tried removing / reinstalling the gnome-orca package but it made no difference.

Can anyone help?

Paul