Re: [orca-list] Orca raising a 'Settings manager load backend failed' exception on Ubuntu 13.04

On 05/30/2013 01:14 PM, Paul Hunt wrote:

I can run orca -t and get the exception that I mentioned in the subject
line.

In /usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/orca/settings-manager.py line
106 in __init__
Raise exception: Settings manager load backend failed.

I tried removing / reinstalling the gnome-orca package but it made no
difference.

Try removing/renaming your $HOME/.local/share/orca and then launch Orca.

--joanie