Re: [orca-list] please help a newby make an install of ubuntu 12.10 more accessible

Hi Rusty,

Well, these days I think weather you use Unity or Gnome is more a
matter of personal preference. I think Gnome 3.6 offers slightly
better access than Unity right now, but Unity is certainly usable in
Ubuntu 13.04 and you can use either one.

As far as using GDM or LightDM definitely go back to LightDM. I've
found it to be more accessible, and I like the fact in LightDM you can
press control+s and get Orca to speak to read in your login
information, configure default desktop, etc where with GDM you have to
edit a few configuration files etc to make it talk. I wouldn't have
used GDM if I were you.

Cheers!