Re: [orca-list] I've lost my default desktop and I don't know what to do

Hi Rusty,

I suspect since the login screen isn't talking you accidently replaced
LightDM with GDM. In any case you probably haven't lost your default
desktop you are just coming up to a login screen and you aren't
getting any sound or speech. If you can login with your user name and
password you can work out these issues.

For example, wait for the system to boot, assume your user name is
default, type your password, an press enter.. See if that logs you in
to Unity. :D

Cheers!