Re: [orca-list] [slightly OT] pulseaudio 3.0 on Arch Gnu/Linux problem

I have this problem on my Asus netbook running Ubuntu 12.04. If I boot up with my external speakers plugged in I get no audio in the LightDM session although it comes back once I log on. If I boot up without my external speakers plugged in, and then I plug them in after logging on, my audio will go down to zero and I'll need to use my netbooks dedicated multimedia keys to bring up the volume. I Googled around a bit and this appears to be a problem with some systems. There's a fix for at least one of these problems coming down the pipe.