[orca-list] how accessible is a dual boot system?

Hi folks,
I'm thinking of adding a flavor of linux to a freshly restored
computer which already has an install of win7 on it. Is it realistic
to think that i could install sonar or ubuntu 12.4 or the like
alongside win7 and choose, at startup, which I want to boot in to? I
recognize there will probably be no speech at the bootloader screen,
but will I hear anything, or will the scrollbar be wrapping so I may
not know which choice I make?
thanks!
Rusty