[orca-list] Orca and Arch Linux problem on VirtualBox

Hi all,

I am using Arch Linux x86_64 in a VirtualBox on a Windows host with all components updated to their latest versions. However, I am experiencing some problems that prevent Orca from speaking. First, there's an issue with PulseAudio 3.0 that breaks sound output in VirtualBox. Therefore, I replaced it with pulseaudio-git from AUR. After that, I've got sound in Gnome, and I know that because I can here Gnome sound events playing. However, when I start Orca, there's no speech output. I confirmed that python2-speechd is also installed. I can also confirm that Orca is started, because I have some vision and I see the splash screen and Orca main window, and even preferences dialog opens correctly. But as I said, Orca will not come up speaking, although it's running. What I assume is that Speech Dispatcher 0.7 is not compatible with latest pulseaudio-git. Is this correct? If it is, then what can I do to get Orca speaking? I also tried to downgrade pulseaudio and libpulse to 2.1, and I ended up with conflicting files error. So I am stuck here.

What can I do now?

Thanks,
Hrvoje