Re: [orca-list] [slightly OT]: Please help, X starts and no keyboard

Hello Jakob!
  I'm sorry, something must have gone awry. I menat: exec gnome-session .
  I only have one line in any of my xinitrc files (/etc/X11/xinit and ~/ ).
But my main problem hasn't been improved by starting gdm automatically from xinit. If anything it had been slightly shifted and somehow the reset-button as a hook to execute shutdown had been blocked. I looked at the Xorg.0.log some more and I have a feeling, that there are problems with udev detection. But this is beyond me. I'm good with a console and I'm not bad with configuring stuff, but X is a whole world of its own and I've never been forced to really move into it, not on such a low level. And as interesting as seeing Skype, having another look at Firefox or libreoffice might be, I'm coming to the point, where I think, that it's not worth the time spent on it. At least not right now. There is more fruitful and helpful work to be done. At any rate: I thank you all, who have responded to this call for help. Thanks for the time and thought you spared. I do appreciate it, even though I drop it for now.
  Warm regards
         Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html