Re: [orca-list] [slightly OT]: Please help, X starts and no keyboard

Oh, your on here too?
What does your ~/.xinitrc look like?

Bill
On 03/22/2013 05:25 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
Hello everyone!
  Yeah, so I've installed my new arch linux, which amlost works. But
when I try to install orca (even with orca -t), I find, that it can't
access an X display. So I start X (either by startx or trying to launch
gdm) and I have no more keyboard and thus no more access to the system
at all.
  I think, I had that problem before, but it's so long ago, that I
can't remember, how to fix it. The net isn't a great help either.
  Just to be sure: I'm running X with fbdev as graphical backend,
since neither nouveau nor envidia would do the trick. One segfaulted,
the other complained loudly and just wouldn't start.
  On an aside: anyone an idea, how I can set my console (terminal as
in ttyX) size? I've tried both adding vga=769 and video=640x480 to the
kernel commandline. It seems, that video drivers like nouveau/nvidia but
also fbdev ignore these settings. - Here help on teh net is mostly
concerned with getting bigger terminals, so no complaints about such a
situation. :-(
  I'm sorry for practically spamming the list, but I don't know, what
to do or where to look further.
  Warmly yours
        Julien