Re: [orca-list] Powerpoint presentations

Daniel Dalton <daniel dalton47 gmail com> wrote:
I need to be able to read powerpoint presentations.

Usually, I just convert to html with unoconv and it works pretty
well. However, I've noticed this doesn't work for tables or text boxes.

Have you tried the ppthtml package? It's available in Debian and possibly
other distributions.

You could also use libreoffice to perform the conversion from the shell
(similar to Unoconv but you can just do it with Libreoffice directly as of
recent versions - I'm not sure how much, if any, difference that would make.)
loffice --headless --convert-to html filename
or you could try XHTML, which, if I remember correctly, gave different output
when I last used it.