Re: [orca-list] Powerpoint presentations

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 08:43:17AM -0500, Alex Midence wrote:
Hi, Daniel,

I used Impress for this some time ago.  I had to make sure the cursor was
tracking in read-only areas and then I just had to do my best to make sure I

Hi,

How to make the cursor "track in read only areas"?

covered all I needed to.  I still missed a bunch of stuff though.  Honestly,
reading them with Jaws in a VM is going to be your best bet.  Impress has
very bad a11y support right now and no one appears to be the least bit
interested in addressing it, a trend which I don't see changing in the
foreseeable future if the past is any indicator.  Impress has been wonkey

Yes, I suppose
stuff is all graphical.  You could try exporting to PDF but only if you have
Acrobat installed to ensure maximum accessibility.  Then, you will need to
use the Windows VM and Jaws to read the PDF but you should find it more

TBH, I've never had any success reading pdfs in windows (although I
haven't tried particularly hard). Pdftotext seems to work pretty well
for me.

I guess I'll just need to play with the jaws/powerpoint or pdftotext and
see which one works better.

Cheers,
Daniel