Someone mentioned something called a kickstarter file earlier in a discussion about installing Fedora. Can someone provide a fast and dirty step by step on how to do this? Perhaps, it's easier to do than messing with poorly accessible dialogs. I figure once Orca is talking, it's an easy matter to write a text file with Gedit or Nano at that point. What do you put in it and where do you save it so it can be used for installation purposes?

Thanks.
Alex M

On 7/18/2013 5:02 PM, Albert Sten-Clanton wrote:
Alex, it was easy to get the Fedora live CD to talk once it was booted up.
I just used the "super" key, typed "orca," and hit enter.  It was too quiet,
but I got myself to the sound settings and fixed that.

I gather that it's using the installer that's the tough part for blind
folks.  I gather from a couple of recent messages is that you need to use
the flat review keys and avoid using the tab.  I'm not exactly thrilled
about this, but I admit that they say we actually can do it, which we
couldn't before.

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Alex
Midence
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:41 AM
To: 'D. A. H.'; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] What distribution?

What was difficult about the Fedora live CD?  How do you make it talk?  Is
there a username and password you have to type in a few seconds after it
spins up to get you to where you can launch Orca?
Is there a nice magic keystroke like in Ubuntu?  Or, does it just spin up
and put you right into the Gnome desktop?

Alex M