Re: [orca-list] What distribution?

Fedora 19 is now an option, since the earlier "first-boot" problem is no more; the live installer is usable, though I found it difficult.

If you don't like GNOME Shell, you can stick with an earlier GNOME that still has fall-back, or try one of the light desktops, like lxde or xfce. I found the so-called GNOME Classic, in Fedora's GNOME 3.8 to be almost inaccessible. Isn't it done by means of shell extensions? Regarding Orca 3.9 in Suse latest 13.1 milestone, I hear, from a reliable source, that Orca crashes on opening of the preferences dialogue.

Cheers,

Dave