Re: [orca-list] Orca with a window manager

Hi Alex,

I find myself in full agreement with you here. If I want a shell
environment I just press alt+control+f1 to go to the console login and
login and fire up Speakup. If I want a GUI I do alt+control+f7 to get
to a LightDM login, and login into Gnome or Unity. No need to run
startx etc because everything I need is already running.

That said, I spend 90% of my time in a graphical environment anyway so
I can understand why booting directly to a console wouldn't apeal to
me personally. I use too many graphical apps like Firefox,
Thunderbird, Totem, Banshee, Audacity, etc on a regular basis to make
booting to a console  worth it for me as I only use the console rarely
these days.