Re: [orca-list] Orca slowes down in Directory with many files in nautilus

Hello,
In my setup nautilus file view also performs poorly in some extreme cases like while opening a folder with 100 and more folders inside where each subfolder may have 40 and more files inside. In the nautilus settings there is a way to disable displaying of thumbnails and number of files inside folders.
This considerably helps to gain some performance.

Please note while the performance appears to be that slow the list is fully operational e.g. I can cursor up / down I can hear the beeping sound while reaching the top or bottom boundaries it is just that it takes noticeably longer to collect all the info orca needs in order to present this view.

Greetings

Peter