Re: [orca-list] Running orca

Hi,

On Thursday 14 Feb 2013 à 19:47:41 (-0500), Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
On 02/14/2013 07:26 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
On 02/14/2013 06:23 PM, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:

I think that is not a good signal for the future and it means that orca may
not run on X. Do you think I should check something? An explanation of the
problem? How can I fix?

I'll fix it.
--joanie

Actually, that bug no longer exists in Orca master. Orca -t gives me the
console setup as expected.

Do you mean that I should update? I use orca 3.6.3 now. Should I use 3.7? Would
it stay compatible with gnome3.6? Finally, can I still use python2? From which
release I need to go to python3? I'd like to avoid python3, as most apps use
still python2 and I'd like not to make python2 and 3 installed on the system,
if possible.

Regards,

If I try to launch Orca without the '-t' from within a console, I get a
traceback. And I can handle that error more gracefully, but it's not
going to make Orca run in an environment where there is no graphical
desktop. Orca is not a console screen reader.

--joanie