[orca-list] LXDE/XFCE, orca, and Mozilla applications

Hello,
I think I've posted about my attempts to get LXDE and mate to read with the Orca screen reader on my Debian installation. I'm now at the point where menus read, terminals read, and almost all applications read... accept for Iceweasel and Icedove! When I try to load Iceweasel and tab around, it doesn't say anything. pressing alt+f4 returns me to the desktop where I can then load, for example, a terminal or an XMPP client and it reads perfectly. I'm experiencing similar behavior with Icedove. These problems seem to disappear when I log into gnome-fallback-session though. Just for testing, I installed a virtual machine of Sonar GNU/Linux and tested the same mozilla apps and they read fine in LXDE.
Any ideas?
Bill