Re: [orca-list] Orca and linux distros

how do u install this and run it is there any getting started with this distro?
will give this a try.
the older version wouldn't run on my desktop at all
Hank

On 12/27/2013 12:45 PM, Kyle wrote:
Try the latest alpha that I built. It seems to work on everything I've
tried booting it on. In all the holiday rush, I seem to have forgotten
that although I had uploaded the 2014.1alpha1 builds of Sonar Manjaro to
my own server, they haven't yet been uploaded to the SourceForge page,
so you may have an older version. I am posting links to the latest
32-bit and 64-bit alpha1 builds here for testing.

64-bit x86_64
http://kyle.tk/sonar/sonar-gnome-2014.1alpha1-x86_64.iso
md5sum: 802263cc40ffc182af32d3dbea9c52de
sha256sum: 173d05311f33f5570dbf2b0b9d5e232f6a38ba91141c887230275e892e7a6be8

32-bit i686
http://kyle.tk/sonar/sonar-gnome-2014.1alpha1-i686.iso
md5sum: e410f09e3f20126ba5c02f77c409c3ce
sha256sum: 173d05311f33f5570dbf2b0b9d5e232f6a38ba91141c887230275e892e7a6be8

The automatic installation using the graphical installer seems to work
most of the time, but does die halfway through the process sometimes.
Customizations do tend to kill it faster. Most of these problems seem to
be fixed, and I will rebuild as soon as the fixes make it into the
unstable repositories.

Just a note: The alpha builds of Sonar based on Manjaro are built using
the unstable branch, but the installation will pull from the stable
branch. Therefore, you can expect some warnings about local packages
being newer than the versions in the repository. As alpha versions are
primarily made available for testing purposes, I didnt' see a problem
with this setup. If this does cause a problem, something like

sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman -Suu

should synchronize your installation with the stable branch. If you wish
to remain on the unstable branch, you can simply run

sudo pacman-mirrors -g -b unstable

Hope this helps.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/