Re: [orca-list] Slightly OT: WebAIM: Screen reader User Survey #5

Hmmm, we could point out to Web Aim, and to the wider community, that
such surveys are skewing their results by ignoring Linux, Orca, Speakup,
Brltty, and Emacspeak.

They might claim we're statistically insignificant, but then, how would
they know?

Janina

Jason White writes:
Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
I found it more than a little troubling that Orca was not even included
in this survey. In order to specify that I used anything at all other
than Windows or MacOS, I had to specify "other" as my primary
desktop/laptop screen reader in multiple places and then write about
Linux and Orca in the comment area.

I discovered this after posting the link. Unfortunately, there is no text
field (other than the comment section at the end of the survey) to name the
screen reader used. Usually, surveys are written with an "other" option,
followed by a field such as "if other, please specify".

Orca deserves to be listed on the survey, however.