Re: [orca-list] Mounting units automatically in a graphical interface

luciano de souza <luchyanus gmail com> wrote:
The problem is that I have read some tutorials, I have added the line,
but becose of an error, the system crashed. If ubuntu simply ignored
the wrong line... But it does not ignore and the system crashes.

What kind of file system is on that partition? What line did you add.
Most of users don't want to interact with commandlines and
configuration files with complex syntaxes. Most of users want to use,
only to use the system without worrying about technical aspects.

I don't know what I will do, but I don't intend to deal with fstab
directly becose my previous experiences were unpleasant.

I know: you are only answering my question, so gentily you always do,
but I really can't accept a beginer should necessarily learn about the
syntax of FStab. If this is completely true, regarding this is a
operation relatively common, Ubuntu is really not prepared to receive
true beginers.

I think the following article addresses your point nicely:
http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

No, Linux was not designed and has not evolved to be administered by people
who aren't willing to learn system administration. I doubt that it will ever
be suitable for truly non-technical users who don't want to improve their
knowledge and competence, except in very customized environments such as
Android. I would be glad to give you references to read and help if you wanted
to learn, but since you've said you don't want to, there isn't much more that
I can suggest at this point. I suppose you could arrange for someone else to
log into your machine remotely and do what you need. I'm not offering to do
that, as I would rather spend what time I can volunteer helping people who
want to learn for themselves.