Re: [orca-list] Mounting units automatically in a graphical interface

luciano de souza <luchyanus gmail com> wrote:

I'd like to mount /dev/sda6 automatically, but I don't know how to do it.

Firstly, I tried to edit directly fstab, but if you are not extremely
careful, the system does not initialize.

Editing /etc/fstab is the right way to do this. You're only adding a line to
the existing file, not changing anything, so you shouldn't make the system
unbootable by doing so. Of course, having a rescue disk handy is desirable
just in case, but you should always have one available anyway, and you should
test the rescue disk to be sure it works and that it's accessible. I use grml
for this purpose, but it's certainly not the only option.

I would suggest reading the fstab manual page, and if you're still unsure,
there are plenty of tutorials and sources of documentation on the Web.