Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Re: [Espeak-general] lois voice extension

According to Jason White:
# As I recall, Lois is specifically the U.S. English voice of SVOX Pico,
i.e.,
# with the U.S. English language files loaded.

In this case, nothing should need to be done to make Lois compatible
with Orca other than simply installing the library, either via
Debian/Ubuntu's libttspico0 and libttspico0-utils packages or via the
git repositories and uncommenting the appropriate speech-dispatcher
AddModule line.

As a side note, apparently the GitHub repositories linked in the message
may possibly be more up-to-date and/or cleaner than the one I currently
use to build the AUR package I maintain. If this is indeed the case,
i.e. I don't need to use any patches to make it run correctly, both on
32-bit and 64-bit Linux, I will update my svox-pico-git package to point
to the best working repository shortly.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--