[orca-list] Orca issue with ubuntu 13.4, big bug, please read

Hello all. I recently installed ubuntu 13.4, and got it all up to date
and proper drivers installed. Everything was going smoothly until i
stumbled upon the strangest issue with orca i have personally ever
seen. While browsing the net with firefox normally, seemingly at
random, the arrow keys stopped responding very suddenly. On top of
that, all orca commands using the orca modifyer key failed to work at
all after multiple attempts and restarts. Orca even crashed upon
startup at one point and would only run in the tourmanal. Also, i
still can not use normal web browsing commands like h for headings t
for table, and the arrow keys. I just don't know what to do. I should
mention that this distro is called sonar, which is based on ubuntu
13.4, but i don't think that it by itself would cause the problem. I
am also using nome shell at the moment. I would really appreciate a
possible sollution to this problem, as i am taking a unix course in
college soon, and would like to use this flavor of linux if at all
possible. If i need to change distros, please let me know, as far as i
know, others may have experienced this issue as well. So again, a
sollution would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.