Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu: Orca fails to start when live CD starts?

Andy,
See if this will help you. It is for Ubuntu 13.04 but might be useful.
http://jlappliedtechnologies.com/2013/07/07/no-windows-no-problem/

Jeremy

On 08/18/2013 05:50 PM, Andy B. wrote:
I am running a Dell Inspiron 5521. When I put the Ubuntu 12.04.2 live CD in
the drive, restart, press F12 to get the boot options, I press down arrow to
the ODD option and press ENTER. I then press ENTER again to confirm that I
do want to start from DVD. Instead of getting the typical drums and
install/try ubuntu window, it loads directly to the Unity-3d desktop. I have
no option to start Orca with control+s. When I do manage to get Orca
started, everything seems to be inaccessible with the exception of a few
windows. What do I do now?