Re: [orca-list] Revamped explanation of problems relating to lack of speech accessability

I have a Debian system that was ALSA only, it works very nicely.

I built it up from a console system custom picking GNOME files individually.

Emacspeak with Voxin under ALSA is wonderful.

David

On Aug 5, 2013 10:49 PM, "Alex Midence" <alex midence gmail com> wrote:
In distributions other than Vinux, what you describe is extremely difficult to achieve.  If it were not for all of the customizations and scripts that Luke created so that this was possible, I don't think you would be saying that.  You would have to run pulse in systemwide mode losing much of it's functionality. Also, things just get much more complicated when you have Pulse to deal with. When you have pure alsa, you would not believe how everything just "works "

Sent from my iPhone