Re: [orca-list] Orca still uses to many memory in my machine

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza <vilmar informal com br> wrote:
After I upgraded to 3.8, I found that orca is still using a lot of
memory in my machine.

Are you sure?

It's notoriously hard to find out how much memory a process is really using
due to the way in which the kernel's virtual memory system works.
Unfortunately I can't refer you to a good discussion, but this topic has
arisen on other mailing lists before. Apparently the numbers you get from most
tools can be very misleading if you don't know how virtual memory works
(shared copy-on-write pages, swapping, etc.).

You might have a problem, of course, but I wouldn't draw conclusions too
hastily from tools that report process memory usage.