Re: [orca-list] Orca still uses to many memory in my machine

Hi.
On 04/21/2013 01:13 AM, Jason White wrote:

Are you sure?
According to system monitor, orca is using 137 mb of memory in my machine, and the number is growing. What catches my attention is the number specified by the system monitor is growing constantly.

It's notoriously hard to find out how much memory a process is really using
due to the way in which the kernel's virtual memory system works.
Unfortunately I can't refer you to a good discussion, but this topic has
arisen on other mailing lists before. Apparently the numbers you get from most
tools can be very misleading if you don't know how virtual memory works
(shared copy-on-write pages, swapping, etc.).

You might have a problem, of course, but I wouldn't draw conclusions too
hastily from tools that report process memory usage.