From: Alex Midence [mailto:alex midence gmail com]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 10:58 PM
To: Albert Sten-Clanton
Cc: Sean Murphy; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Red hat enterprise and GNome

Hi, Al,

That sort of latency is almost absolutely caused by Pulse Audio.  It's one
of its trademarks or calling cards, you might say.  You need to tweaak your
configuration files.  It has ben a while since I had to fool with it so, I'm
sorry, I do not remember the file names.  Vinux uses pulse in systemwide
mode.  Also, Bill Cox did something to it to get it to not have the latency
you describe.  What you appear to have is a bit of the pure, old boy, as in,
stock puse.  It's exciting to hear Fedora has talking console.  Si this true
after you have launched x?

alex M.