Re: [orca-list] Red hat enterprise and GNome

My personal preference is for Debian. However, getting orca to interact properly with Speakup  On the latest
version requires that you install X without using pulse audio. Otherwise, pulse audio will take over your
sound card and will make it impossible for you to have speech in the console. This requires very careful very
fine-tuned installation.

Honestly, if what you will be doing will be mostly done in a terminal, the old accessibility stack is
perfectly acceptable.  I imagine that if you wish to get certified with Red Hat, you will be interacting with
quite a few commandline applications. So, you should be okay to proceed with Red Hat. Just, be advised that
it uses  an unsupported old way of making things accessible.

Alex M

Sent from my iPhone