Re: [orca-list] twitter clients and Orca a11y

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:
I wonder how well these other developers are at keeping up with the
latest Twitter API changes.  Twitter is doing its damndest to squeeze
on 3rd party twitter client developers.  Also, I think many clients
may be forced out if they don't keep up with the latest API changes.

I use Identica/StatusNet instead, which doesn't yet suffer from that
particular problem.

However, StatusNet is going to be replaced by something much more powerful and
general called pump.io that looks rather interesting. I don't know what
clients will be available for it other than its own Web-based interface, but
I'm sure there will be clients in due course. For anyone with an interest,
there might be an opportunity to have accessibility considerations built in
from the beginning. I'm busy with other projects, but there could be an
opening here for someone on the list.

I hope pump.io will play its part in the move away from proprietary "social
networking" Web sites toward standard protocols, which will be better for
accessibility and for client developers as well as usuers in general.