Re: [orca-list] eventually accessible music player with great features - Exaile

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 06:22:37PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
Hi Vojta!
  You might also try the squeezecentre. It's created for the Slim
Devices Squeeze* devices. But it can just as well work with a
software player. You can control it via web interface, the Slim
Devices hardware and iPeng on iPhone. It's a media server, it's
written in Perl and offers support for several formats (mp3, ogg,
flac,...). There are plugins for radio stations, bbc IPlayer,
spotify, Napster, last.fm and others. There's support for playlists,
favourites, randomisation and more. Albums can be searched by year,
genre, band/artist name or title. Or you can just search your music
folder. It requires a more or less well organised music collection
to work really well. I think there's also some support for iTunes or
some such. I don't keep track of everything.
Does it support JACK output?

Cheers,
S.M.