Re: [orca-list] eventually accessible music player with great features - Exaile

Hi Massy!
The squeezecenter - or whatever they call it right now - is just a server. You can connect mplayer to it. It can offer a normal TCP port, so something like:
mplayer localhost:9000
can do it, then open the web interface and manage the rest. With Links2 and the old handheld skin, it's OK. Especially, if you want to go for things like live365, spotify, last.fm. You will have to register to them on their websites, but then, you can just use the web-interface offered with the squeezecentre. Have a line like this:
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com testing main
in your /etc/apt/sources.list and then you can download the package. it needs some basic configuration. I'm not sure, where exactly you can find the handheld skin on their site, but I could upload it for you, if you're interested. Two blind people I know, use it now. I used it, but never had too much interest in playlists and things like that, so got back to my well-organised music collection using the best interface there is: bash :-)
  Best wishes
         Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html