[orca-list] self-voicing apps and orca--was Re: so cloase with xfce and orca

Hi,

I use a self-voicing game that seems to peacefully coexist with orca. When the game puts up a dialogue, it and orca both speak it. I don't know whether the game and orca share an instance of speech dispatcher, or maybe the game launches its own?

-Dave

On 09/20/2012 11:11 AM, Alex Midence wrote:
I think you would go into the orca preferences for chromeand turn speech
off.  How are other self-voicing apps dealt with by Orca?

Alex M

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of simon eigeldinger vol at
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:57 AM
To: orca-list
Subject: Re: [orca-list] so cloase with xfce and orca

hi alex,

i wonder how chromevox behaves when orca also wants to talk on that
dispatcher and  chromevox too.
guess you need, as also on windows, disable the screenreader you are using
while chromevox is active which i don't think is a nice idea to deal with.

greetings,
simon

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:11:40 -0500